Take your education to the next level.
Bushnell’s innovative dual enrollment pathway allows business and accounting students to complete both their bachelor’s degree and MBA in less than 5 years — and save thousands of dollars in the process!
How It Works
The accelerated dual degree pathway allows students to begin navigating earning two degrees beginning as early as their first year at Bushnell. By identifying as a dual major, they will receive expert advising all the way through their education here to ensure that they earn two degrees in an accelerated fashion. They also will be paired with a faculty mentor who can support this journey.
Students begin taking graduate level courses during their final undergraduate year, which will count towards both their undergraduate and their graduate degree requirements. This saves both money and time for dual degree majors!
Accepted students replace two courses in their major with two MBA classes during their senior year. After graduating with their bachelor’s degree, students continue in the online MBA program while gaining professional work experience. They are also eligible to apply for a special dual degree assistantship, which could save up to 25% off their graduate school tuition.
Accelerated completion: A direct path and preadmission to the MBA program allows students to complete the bachelor’s and master’s degree efficiently.
Financial Savings: Undergraduates take their two MBA graduate courses at the undergraduate tuition rate – that’s a savings of $4,400.
Regular Mentorship: Every student in the dual enrollment program is paired with a School of Business, Leadership & Technology (SBLT) faculty mentor to help develop their skills and apply what they learn to real-world situations. Students and their faculty mentor will meet every semester for the duration of the pathway.
Tuition assistance: Up to 10 graduate assistantships will be available annually for students to earn work experience while in the MBA pathway. Dual enrolled students will be eligible to apply for these during the fall semester of their senior year. Assistantships are competitively awarded and could equal a 25% graduate tuition scholarship in exchange for 10 hours of work per week through the SBLT, Bushnell Admissions, Bushnell Advancement, or another area of the University. Students may apply and compete each fall for an assistantship*.
Eligible applicants to the dual enrollment pathway must:
- Be currently enrolled in the online or daytime undergraduate program at Bushnell University as either an accounting or business major (any concentration).
- Students must have at least one-year left in their undergraduate degree to be eligible for the dual pathway.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Apply by the annual deadline for enrollment in the pathway – August 1st.
Students who are accepted for dual enrollment must:
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Complete at least 90 semester credits of undergraduate coursework before beginning their MBA courses.
- Complete and pass the MBA orientation course, including two assessment exams, during their senior undergraduate year.
- Meet with their SBLT faculty mentor at least once per semester for the duration of the pathway.
- Work at least part-time during the MBA program (after completion of the bachelor’s degree)**.
*Applications will be available in the fall of 2022 for assistantships during the 2023-2024 academic year.
** Assistantship work fulfills the part-time work requirement for the dual enrollment pathway.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 541-684-7201 to talk to an admissions counselor today!
Visit our campus (virtually or in-person)
Bushnell University is in the heart of Eugene, Oregon—a city full of athletic spirit, natural beauty, and respect for the arts. Conveniently located next to the University of Oregon, Bushnell is a small campus with the perks of a big one. Walk to Oregon Ducks games, sample food from countless college town eateries, and explore nearby running and hiking trails.