Major & Minor
Whether you are interested in obtaining a management position in a for-profit or nonprofit setting or looking to work in the region or abroad, a business administration degree at Bushnell University will provide you with a strong foundation as you pursue your career goals.
Your business education will thoroughly ground you in the theories and principles of accounting, finance, management, marketing, economics, statistics, and ethical decision-making.
Students will be provided many professional and social events that will build your network and enrich your world view and personal development.
Dr. Latrissa Lee Neiworth
Dean, School of Business, Leadership & Technology
Latrissa Lee Neiworth, Ed.D.
Dean, School of Business, Leadership & Technology
Why Choose Bushnell?
As a Business Administration major, students will be provided with opportunities to shape their knowledge, skills, and abilities in business. With hands-on experience and experienced faculty, students will be well-equipped to excel in the business world.
- Computer Science
- Digital Marketing
- General Business
- Management and Leadership
- Sports and Recreation Management
- Business Administration
Accelerated Dual Pathway (4+1)
Students are able to obtain two degrees (B.S. and MBA) online or in person in five years by enrolling in our Accelerated Dual Pathway.
Click HERE for more information.
Graduates of this program will:
- A comprehensive knowledge of the core principles and concepts related to business administration
- Effective communication, both written and oral, relative to different business environments and situations
- A knowledge and understanding of the role of Christian leadership, ethics, and service in effectively addressing business management issues and decisions
- Literacy regarding current management trends through the use of leading business information sources, current publications, and other available audio-video, online, or in-text resources
- An ability to integrate all aspects of their learning, understanding, knowledge, and skills concerning business through internship projects and a comprehensive capstone course
BUS 310 Principles of Management and Leadership
This course provides an analysis of the organizational environment and the processes of management, including leadership concepts, in business enterprises. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, and techniques of the planning, organizing, directing, and controlling functions of the modern manager and the impact of these processes upon effective interpersonal relations, global matters, and ethical issues.
MKTG 435 Digital Marketing
Provides an introduction to Digital Marketing, a rapidly growing and
evolving area of new media. This course examines the role of digital marketing and many of the areas this terminology has grown to encompass. A practical approach is adopted in this course. In addition to learning fundamental constructs and principles of the digital experience, students will focus on learning tools and skills necessary for solving business problems and exploiting business opportunities. Subjects include: eCommerce, Lead Generation, Retargeting; Web Sites, Media Planning, Branding; On-Line Advertising, Advertising Tools, Display Advertising; Digital Campaigns; Search Engine Marketing; Social Media Marketing; Mobile Media.
Bushnell University has received specialized accreditation for its business program through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), located in Lenexa, Kansas. For a list of accredited programs, refer to our IACBE member status page.
Beacon Points of Pride
- 100% of traditional undergraduates students graduate with at least 135 hours of field experience
- 190 company and school internship and field experience partners
- The National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) reported a 100-percent pass rate for Bushnell students on the national exams (NCE & NCMHE) over the last year. Bushnell students score on average higher than the national averages on 12 of the 14 exam areas
- According to EDsmart.org, a nationally recognized publisher of college resources and rankings, Bushnell University is ranked 2nd in the state of Oregon among fully accredited universities and colleges
Careers with a bachelor’s degree in Music Business:
- Account Manager
- Admissions Counselor
- Athletic Director
- Bank Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- City Manager
- Entertainment Coordinator
- Event Planner
- Executive Assistant
- Health Care Administrator
- Human Resources Manager
- Sales and Marketing Director
- Real Estate Appraiser
- More opportunities can be found by clicking HERE
- Holt International
- Base Builder
- Roseburg Forrest Products
- The Boys and Girls Club
- Columbia Bank
- Whitmire & Associates
- Elk Horn Building
- Hood River Mortgage Group
- Beaudet Jewelry
Life After Graduation
A sampling of where our graduates are employed includes:
- Bushnell University
- Phoenix Suns
- Sheldon High School
- Northwest Community Credit
- Oregon Community Credit
- Western Governors University
- Portland State University
- Brinoch LLC
- Tethrow Resort
- SJA Enterprises
- Business Mentors
- Total Performance Logistics
- Pak Tech