Adjunct Instructor Pool Overview
- Position Rank – Adjunct
- Department – All Academic Departments
- Benefits – No
- Status – Part-time, per class
Bushnell University is interviewing for positions for our Adjunct Instructor pool. A Doctorate is preferred, but will consider a Master’s degree with significant experience in the particular field of teaching. We are interested in both graduate and undergraduate instructors.
All positions require a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity. Candidates must have a vibrant and maturing Christian faith. Application materials must include a personal Statement of Faith that addresses how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, local church membership, and academic discipline (both inside and outside the classroom).
School of Arts & Sciences
- Exercise Science
School of Business & Management
- Business Administration
School of Education
Seeking in person instructors in the following areas:
- General Education
- Special Education
About Bushnell University
Founded in 1895, Bushnell University provides a holistic Christian education, fostering wisdom, faith, and service in its students. In joining the faculty here, you will be part of an academic community that seeks to cultivate your development as a Christian teacher and scholar, making a difference in the lives of your students and in your discipline. Bushnell is the largest private university in Eugene’s vibrant university district, which also includes the University of Oregon. Eugene is a college town small enough to know your neighbors and large enough to offer fantastic arts, entertainment, dining, healthcare, and educational opportunities. It is also an ideal place to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest, being just one hour from the Oregon Coast, one hour from the Cascade Mountains, and less than two hours from Portland and the Columbia River Gorge.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
- Bushnell employees must be actively engaged in a Christian congregation and able to identify with and support the Bushnell Theological Context for Community statement.
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times
- All employees of Bushnell University are “mandatory reporters” under Oregon law. See http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/abuse/pages/mandatory_report.aspx for specific information
- The position requires a strong ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, utilizing tact, patience and courtesy
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly are essential to this position. Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- The employee must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy
- This person must project a positive, vibrant and professional attitude in assisting people
- This person must have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality, with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University
- The position may require lifting up to 25 lbs, as well as bending, stooping, kneeling
- This position description is subject to change at any time
For consideration, please complete and submit all six of the following:
- Bushnell Employment Application
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal Statement of Faith that clearly addresses all three of the sections below:
- Section 1: how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership;
- Section 2: how the candidate integrates faith into his/her academic discipline, both inside and outside the classroom; and
- Section 3: the candidate’s understanding of and ability to support Bushnell’s Theological Context for Community statement.
- Contact information for three references, preferably including the applicant’s pastor or other appropriate church leader who is able to address the applicant’s faith background.
- Official Transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts can be submitted with the application packet, but official transcripts will be required in the event an applicant is invited to interview with Bushnell.)
Submit your packet via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to: Reed Mueller, Ph.D., Vice President for Academic Affairs
Please note: Incomplete application packets may result in disqualification. Final candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background investigation.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Wendy Yamada at 541-684-7204 or email@example.com.
Bushnell University’s Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report is available online, or you may also request a paper copy from the Office of Student Life by calling 541-684-7345. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the university.