Adjunct Instructor Pool Overview
- Position Rank – Adjunct
- Department – All Academic Departments
- Benefits – No
- Status – Part-time, per class
Schools of Arts & Sciences and Business & Management
Bushnell University is interviewing for several positions to add to our Adjunct Instructor pool. A Doctorate is preferred, but will consider a Master’s degree with significant experience in the particular field of teaching. We are interested in both graduate and undergraduate instructors in the following areas: Accounting, Biology, Business Administration, Communication, English, Exercise Science, Mathematics, Psychology, and Statistics.
School of Education & Counseling
Bushnell University is interviewing for positions for our Adjunct Instructor pool in the School of Education & Counseling. A Doctorate is preferred, but will consider a Master’s degree with significant experience in schools. We are interested in both graduate and undergraduate instructors. The positions require a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity.Candidates must have a vibrant and maturing Christian faith. Application materials must include a personal statement that addresses how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, local church membership, and academic discipline (both inside and outside the classroom).
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
- Bushnell University employees must have a maturing Christian Faith and live in compliance with the duties and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times
- All employees of Bushnell University are “mandatory reporters” under Oregon law. See http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/abuse/pages/mandatory_report.aspx for specific information
- The position requires a strong ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, utilizing tact, patience and courtesy
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly are essential to this position. Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- The employee must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy
- This person must project a positive, vibrant and professional attitude in assisting people
- This person must have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality, with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University
- The position may require lifting up to 25 lbs, as well as bending, stooping, kneeling
- This position description is subject to change at any time
Bushnell University employees are expected to abide by the Theological Context for Bushnell Community Life. Please read this document before continuing.
To be considered for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Bushnell University Employment Application
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal “Statement of Faith” that addresses how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership. The faith statement should also address how the candidate integrates faith into his/her academic discipline, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Official graduate/terminal degree transcripts
- Contact Information for three references to include the applicant’s pastor or another appropriate church leader who is able to address the applicant’s faith background.
Or mail application materials to:
Vice President for Academic Affairs
828 E. 11th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Wendy Yamada at 541-684-7204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bushnell University’s Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report is available online (http://www.nwcu.edu/clery-act-brochure-2018) or you may also request a paper copy from the Office of Student Life by calling 541-684-7345. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the university.