Department – Admissions
Supervisor – Dean of Admission
Status – Full-time, benefit eligible
Screening begins immediately
Bushnell University Overview
Founded in 1895, Bushnell University provides a holistic Christian education, fostering wisdom, faith, and service in its students. In joining the staff here, you will be part of an academic community that seeks to cultivate your faith while you make a difference in the lives of our students. Bushnell is the largest private university in Eugene’s vibrant university district, which also includes the University of Oregon. Eugene is a college town small enough to know your neighbors and large enough to offer fantastic arts, entertainment, dining, healthcare, and educational opportunities. It is also an ideal place to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest, being just one hour from the Oregon Coast, one hour from the Cascade Mountains, and less than two hours from Portland and the Columbia River Gorge.
The Admission Counselor for online undergraduate and graduate programs is responsible for recruiting and on-boarding prospective students to Bushnell. Admission Counselors are assigned recruitment, marketing and outreach responsibilities geared towards specific academic programs. This position is responsible for recruitment into the online undergraduate and graduate programs housed within the School of Business Leadership & Technology including but not limited to: accounting, business, IDS, MBA, Master of Arts in Leadership, and Master of Arts in Sports Management.
This position is responsible for representing Bushnell University at outreach events, working with community colleges and businesses, communicating with students regarding their admission process, completing transcript evaluations, reviewing application materials, making admission recommendations, and working closely with the faculty, Registrar’s Office and Academic Advisors to ensure students are registered and enrolled for their first set of courses.
Performance of this position is measured on successful student enrollment in designated programs.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute recruiting activities for designated programs.
- Work closely with the faculty in the School of Business, Leadership & Technology for program knowledge and key marketing distinctives
- Manage student enrollment and on-boarding process for designated online undergraduate and graduate programs using the Admissions CRM Salesforce/Jenzabar Recruitment Manager).
- Complete the admission process for prospective online undergraduate and graduate program applicants; track applied students; provide transcript evaluation; review and complete applications; assure applicant credentials meet qualifications for admission; provide an orientation to on-board new students.
- Under the authority and oversight of the registrar’s office, review and approve student transfer credits within established academic policy and procedures and record transfer entries in the Transfer Evaluation System (TES).
- Meet with prospective online undergraduate students to review transcript evaluation and discuss ways to meet graduation requirements (Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), CLEP, Bushnell offerings, other; determine if student is a good candidate for PLA and advise; complete registration materials; schedule follow up calls if not ready and track until drop or enroll).
- Represent Bushnell at outreach events such as career/transfer fairs, meetings at community colleges and partner organizations/employers as applicable.
- Meet with prospective students and respond to questions or concerns; follow up with students as needed; enter and track students in database (Salesforce/Jenzabar Recruitment Manager).
- Create, complete, and track file/folder of prospective graduate and online undergraduate students; including plans of study and registration.
- Make, receive and respond to various telephone calls, e-mails, and other student contact; respond to inquiries regarding financial aid, admissions process and related matters.
- Serve as liaison between prospective student and the following departments: Academic Affairs, Financial Aid, Registrar, Business Office, IT Department and other departments as needed.
- Operate a computer, copier, fax and other office equipment as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports related to assigned activities.
- Participate in the development of promotional materials including letters, brochures and fliers.
- Train, supervise and provide work direction to assigned student staff.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and implementation of admission and recruitment related events.
- Participate as a member of designated University committees.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree and experience in academic advising, transcript evaluation, a registrar’s office, an admissions office or in a university setting (preferably in an adult degree, online, or graduate program environment).
Working Conditions / Special Requirements
- Bushnell employees must have a maturing Christian faith and live in compliance with the duties and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity.
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment.
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times.
- All employees of Bushnell are “mandatory reporters” under Oregon law. See http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/abuse/pages/mandatory_report.aspx for specific information.
- The position requires a strong ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, utilizing tact, patience and courtesy.
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly are essential to this position. Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The employee must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- The employee must project a positive, vibrant and professional attitude in assisting people.
- The employee must have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality, with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University.
- The position may require lifting up to 25 lbs, as well as bending, stooping, kneeling for the purposes of event set up and organization.
- The employee must be able drive a vehicle and possess (or have the ability to attain) an Oregon Drivers License.
- The position will require some evening and weekend hours.
- This position description is subject to change at any time.
Bushnell employees are expected to abide by the Theological Context for Bushnell Community Life. Please read this document before continuing.
To be considered for this position, please submit all six of the following:
- Bushnell Employment Application
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal Statement of Faith that clearly addresses all three of the sections below:
- Section 1: how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership;
- Section 2: how the candidate integrates faith into his or her work life; and
- Section 3: the candidate’s understanding of and ability to support Bushnell University’s Theological Context for Community Life statement.
- Contact Information for three references, one of which must be the applicant’s pastor or another appropriate church leader who is able to address the applicant’s faith background.
Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail application materials to:
Dean of Admission
828 E. 11th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
Please include all requested materials. Incomplete application packets may result in disqualification.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Wendy Yamada at 541-684-7204 or email@example.com.
In compliance with the Clery Act, Bushnell University provides our Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report. You may request a paper copy from the Office of Student Life by calling 541-684-7345. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the university.