Department – Information Technology
Supervisor – Director of Technical & Physical Operations
Benefits – Yes
Status – Full-time
About Bushnell University
Bushnell University is a Christian, private, liberal-arts, comprehensive university closely affiliated with churches of the Stone-Campbell/Restoration Movement. From this unique heritage Bushnell University embraces the ideal that we are “Christians only” – but not the “only Christians” – and offers its resources to students and congregations of many church traditions. These students are affiliated with denominational and non-denominational groups, such as Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Foursquare, Lutheran, Nazarene, Episcopal, Assembly of God, Catholic, and Community Churches. The University was founded in 1895 and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
The Help Desk Technician 1 is the front-line support for IT services. This person must maintain a courteous, professional, and customer service-oriented attitude at all times.
This position is responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting computer support problems and applying an understanding of computer software and hardware products and services in order to resolve user problems. The person in this position must have the ability to research solutions on their own.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish & enact campus standards for help desk operations
- Provide timely, friendly, and customer service oriented, end-user support to students and employees
- Supervise student workers, providing training, resolution guidance, documentation, accountability, and feedback to maintain established level of quality service
- Manage help ticket system, phone, and help desk office, serving as the first-line of support and gathering information when issue escalation is necessary
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software
- Writes or revises documentation for IT and non-IT audiences
- Coordinates the entire operating system and software image lifecycle
- Create, maintain, and troubleshoot Bushnell user accounts
- Provide support for Windows, Office, Jenzabar, and other applications
- Coordinate with co-workers, research, and review technical documentation to find solutions
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a university environment
- Bachelor’s degree (technology-related preferred) or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Understanding of basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- A+ and/or MCP certifications preferred
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
- Bushnell University employees must have a maturing Christian Faith and live in compliance with the duties and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity.
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment.
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times.
- All employees of Bushnell University are “mandatory reporters” under Oregon law. See http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/abuse/pages/mandatory_report.aspx for specific information.
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly are essential to this position. Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must project a positive, vibrant and professional attitude in assisting people.
- Must have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality, with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University.
- This position may require lifting up to 30 lbs, as well as bending, stooping, kneeling.
- This position description is subject to change at any time.
Bushnell University employees are expected to abide by the Theological Context for Bushnell Community Life. Please read this document before continuing.
Required Application Materials
To be considered for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Bushnell Employment Application
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal Statement of Faith that addresses:
- how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership;
- how the candidate integrates faith into his or her work life;
- the candidate’s understanding of and ability to support Bushnell University’s Theological Context for Community Life statement.
- Contact information for three references, preferably including the applicant’s pastor or other appropriate church leader who is able to address the applicant’s faith background.
How to Send Application Materials
Option 1: Email application materials to email@example.com
Option 2: Mail application materials to:
Director of Technical & Physical Operations
828 E. 11th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
Please note: Incomplete application packets may result in disqualification. Final candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background investigation.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Wendy Yamada at 541-684-7204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the Clery Act, Bushnell University provides our Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report. You may request a paper copy from the Office of Student Life by calling 541-684-7345. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the university.