Department – Information Technology
Supervisor – Stead Halstead, Director of Technical & Physical Operations
Status – Full-Time, benefit eligible
Bushnell University Overview
Founded in 1895, Bushnell University provides a holistic Christian education, fostering wisdom, faith, and service in its students. In joining the staff here, you will be part of an academic community that seeks to cultivate your faith while you make a difference in the lives of our students. Bushnell is the largest private university in Eugene’s vibrant university district, which also includes the University of Oregon. Eugene is a college town small enough to know your neighbors and large enough to offer fantastic arts, entertainment, dining, healthcare, and educational opportunities. It is also an ideal place to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest, being just one hour from the Oregon Coast, one hour from the Cascade Mountains, and less than two hours from Portland and the Columbia River Gorge.
Help Desk Technician 1 is the front-line support for IT services. This person must maintain a courteous, professional, and customer service-oriented attitude at all times.
This position is responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting computer support problems and applying an understanding of computer software and hardware products and services in order to resolve user problems. The person in this position must have the ability to research solutions on their own.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish & enact campus standards for help desk operations
- Provide timely, friendly, and customer service oriented, end-user support to students and employees
- Supervise student workers, providing training, resolution guidance, documentation, accountability, and feedback to maintain established level of quality service
- Manage help ticket system, phone, and help desk office, serving as the first-line of support and gathering information when issue escalation is necessary
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software
- Writes or revises documentation for IT and non-IT audiences
- Coordinates the entire operating system and software image lifecycle
- Create, maintain, and troubleshoot Bushnell user accounts
- Provide support for Windows, Office, Jenzabar, and other applications
- Coordinate with co-workers, research, and review technical documentation to find solutions
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a university environment
- Bachelor’s degree (technology-related preferred) or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Understanding of basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Prefer A+ and/or MCP certifications
Working Conditions / Special Requirements
- Bushnell employees must have a maturing Christian faith and live in compliance with the duties and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity.
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment.
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times.
- All employees of Bushnell are “mandatory reporters” under Oregon law. See http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/abuse/pages/mandatory_report.aspx for specific information.
- The employee must have knowledge of strong office management techniques; operations, procedures, specific rules and precedents of the office; research methods and report writing techniques; record-keeping techniques; operation of office machines including computer equipment and specified software; principles of training and providing work direction.
- The position requires a strong ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, utilizing tact, patience and courtesy.
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly are essential to this position. Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The employee must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- This person must project a positive, vibrant and professional attitude in assisting people.
- This person must have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality, with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University.
- This position may require lifting up to 50 lbs, as well as bending, stooping, kneeling.
- This position description is subject to change at any time.
Bushnell employees are expected to abide by the Theological Context for Bushnell Community Life. Please read this document before continuing.
To be considered for this position, please submit all six of the following:
- Bushnell Employment Application
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal Statement of Faith that clearly addresses all three of the sections below:
- Section 1: how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership;
- Section 2: how the candidate integrates faith into his or her work life; and
- Section 3: the candidate’s understanding of and ability to support Bushnell University’s Theological Context for Community Life statement.
- Contact Information for three references, one of which must be the applicant’s pastor or another appropriate church leader who is able to address the applicant’s faith background.
Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail application materials to:
Director of Technical & Physical Operations
828 E. 11th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
Please include all requested materials. Incomplete application packets may result in disqualification.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Wendy Yamada at 541-684-7204 or email@example.com.
In compliance with the Clery Act, Bushnell University provides our Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report. You may request a paper copy from the Office of Student Life by calling 541-684-7345. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the university.