Division – Admissions
Supervisor – Dean of Admission
Benefits – Yes
Status – Full-time, 12-month
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt
About Bushnell University
Founded in 1895, Bushnell University provides a holistic Christian education, fostering wisdom, faith, and service in its students. In joining the staff here, you will be part of an academic community that seeks to cultivate your faith while you make a difference in the lives of our students. Bushnell is the largest private university in Eugene’s vibrant university district, which also includes the University of Oregon. Eugene is a college town small enough to know your neighbors and large enough to offer fantastic arts, entertainment, dining, healthcare, and educational opportunities. It is also an ideal place to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest, being just one hour from the Oregon Coast, one hour from the Cascade Mountains, and less than two hours from Portland and the Columbia River Gorge.
This position will report to the Dean of Admission and assists with the daily operations of the Office of Admission. The primary roles of the position are to welcome guests, answer the main line to the University, manage the admission in-box, perform extensive data entry within the Admissions CRM (Salesforce) including transcript and application processing, maintain accurate inventory, and supervise key student staff. This position requires the frequent exercise of independent judgment within the assigned areas of responsibility, with the latitude for initiating action on behalf of the Dean of Admission. Strong communication, organization, typing, attention to detail, confidentiality, and ability to handle multiple tasks are essential to this position.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the campus Welcome Center which includes: greeting campus guests, distributing visitor parking passes, answering the mainline for the campus and route calls and messages to campus offices, and general hospitality.
- Support the work of enrollment including admission and marketing related functions
- Supervise student staff
- Serve as administrative support to the VP for Enrollment & Special Assistant to the President for Strategic Planning and the Dean of Admission.
- Develop and maintain knowledge in and help facilitate staff utilization of the Office of Admission’s CRM (Salesforce/JRM).
- Manage data entry including application processing, transcripts, recommendations, resumes, essays, and other application materials as required.
- Oversee event registration process for preview days, campus visits, and informational sessions through CRM.
- Assist with mass and individual mailings/emails for the Office of Admission.
- Assist with the building of reports to support the recruitment efforts of the Admissions staff, including but not limited to dashboard and funnel reports to be used campus-wide, as well as data/reports for institutional research.
- Monitor system errors and communicate with the Dean of Admission, Assistant Director Admissions Operations, or Bushnell IT staff to troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Admission to enhance the overall database functioning and enhance the overall recruitment experience for students and staff.
- Order and maintain inventory of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualification Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required.
- Prior experience using Microsoft software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and operate effectively within a team environment.
- High technical aptitude.
- Higher education experience is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce/Jenzabar Recruitment Manager is preferred.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
- Bushnell employees must have a maturing Christian Faith and be supportive of Bushnell’s mission to develop competent, ethical leaders for service in the workplace, community, Church and world.
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity.
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment.
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times.
- All employees of Bushnell University are “mandatory reporters” under Oregon law. See http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/abuse/pages/mandatory_report.aspx for specific information.
- The employee must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- This person must project a positive, vibrant and professional attitude in assisting people.
- This person must have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality, with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University.
- The employee must be able drive a vehicle and possess (or have the ability to attain) an Oregon Drivers License.
- The position may require lifting up to 25 lbs, as well as bending, stooping, kneeling for the purposes of event set up and organization.
- The position may occasionally require evening and weekend hours.
- This position description is subject to change at any time.
Bushnell University employees are expected to abide by the Theological Context for Bushnell Community Life. Please read this document before continuing.
Required Application Materials
To be considered for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Bushnell Employment Application
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal Statement of Faith that addresses:
- how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership;
- how the candidate integrates faith into his or her work life;
- the candidate’s understanding of and ability to support Bushnell University’s Theological Context for Community Life statement.
- Contact information for three references, preferably including the applicant’s pastor or other appropriate church leader who is able to address the applicant’s faith background.
How to Send Application Materials
Option 1: Email application materials to email@example.com
Option 2: Mail application materials to:
Dean of Admission
828 E. 11th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
Please note: Incomplete application packets may result in disqualification. Final candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background investigation.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Wendy Yamada at 541-684-7204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the Clery Act, Bushnell University provides our Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report. You may request a paper copy from the Office of Student Life by calling 541-684-7345. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the university.