School of Education Application Process
Students who have completed approximately 60-semester credits and are ready to begin major classes are required to apply for admission into the Teacher Education program. Please submit requested materials to Tammy Hatling, Academic Advisor via email at: email@example.com or in person/by mail at: 755 E. 11th Ave. Eugene, OR 97401-3745
Step 1: Admission to Bushnell University
- Apply to Bushnell
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended
Step 2: Application to School of Education (once admitted to university)
- Teacher Education Application
- One letter of recommendation
- Two disposition assessments (must be completed by someone outside of the Bushnell School of Education)
- Autobiography (500-1000 words in length)
- An original autobiography must explain how your life experiences have contributed to an interest in teaching as an academic and professional career. The autobiography should also demonstrate proficient writing skills while reflecting a rich portrait of your background interests and aspirations.
Step 3: Class Standing
- Hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 as determined by the Bushnell Registrar.
- Transfer with an earned Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AAOT), or an approved equivalent, documented with complete, official transcripts.
- Show successful completion of prerequisites:
- MATH 211/212 Math for Elementary Teachers (For students wanting to teach elementary grades)
- MATH 105 College Mathematics (for students wanting to teach secondary grades)
- PSY 200 General Psychology
Step 4: Personal Interview
- Candidates who have satisfied Steps 1 – 3 are eligible for an interview.
- Personnel from the Teacher Education Department will contact candidates to schedule a 30-minute individual interview with the Teacher Education Faculty.
- Candidates will also complete a 30-minute on-site writing sample following the interview.
- Candidates will also engage in a group activity.
Step 5: Fingerprinting & Background Clearance (as required by law)