Students who have requested accommodations, modifications, and/or adjustments and who believe that they have been discriminated against on a basis of their disability or who are dissatisfied with the accommodations provided should:

  1. Notify the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Vice President for Academic Affairs will work with University personnel and the student to informally resolve disagreements about recommended accommodations.
  2. If the Vice President for Academic Affairs is unable to resolve the matter informally, or the individual with a disability or condition is not satisfied with the resolution, the individual may file a Complaint of Discrimination. The complaint must be in writing and should include: the student’s current disability documentation, the reason for the complaint, and the means by which the student may be contacted. The student’s complaint will be responded to in writing by the Vice President for Academic Affairs within three business days.
  3. If the student disagrees with the conclusion of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the student may appeal to the University’s formal Grievance Committee. Such an appeal must be made within 30 days of the Vice President’s written communication regarding the formal grievance. The Grievance Committee will respond to the student in writing within 10 business days of hearing the student’s grievance.
  4. An individual who files a complaint in good faith shall not be subjected to any form of retaliation by the University. An individual may file a complaint alleging retaliation.

Contact Information

Important phone numbers and points of contact regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act:


Vice President for Academic Affairs

Bushnell University
828 E. 11th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 684-7253


Office for Civil Rights

U.S. Dep’t of Education
Jackson Federal Building
915 Second Ave., Rm 3310
Seattle, WA 98174
(202) 222-7900


U.S. Department of Justice

Washington D.C. 20210
(202) 220-5300