M.A. Sports Management
The online Master of Arts in Sports Management at Bushnell University is designed to provide those seeking to expand their knowledge, skills, and opportunities in athletic administration. This program will complement the student’s work experience and expand career opportunities in a variety of sport industry sectors.
Credits 36 | Cost/Credits $680 | Completion 12 Months | Format Online | Starts Every August
Devon Halleman, M.A.
Admissions Counselor, Master of Sports Management
Peter Diffenderfer, Ph.D.
Why Choose Bushnell?
The online Master of Arts in Sports Management program will provide you with a comprehensive curriculum that blends theory and hands-on experience, preparing graduates for successful careers in the sports industry. This program offers opportunities for networking and mentorship, giving students valuable industry connections and real-world experience.
- 100% Online
- 8-week classes
- 36 credits, 12 courses total
- 12-month program
Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Sports Management, candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Acquire skills and knowledge necessary to perform in a variety of sport roles
- Develop an in-depth understanding of sport management
- Receive preparation for diverse employment opportunities
- Utilize ethics when making decisions concerning professional and personal behaviors
- Utilize research for problem-solving
- Apply practical skills needed in the sports management arena including strategy, budgeting, personnel, legal, and planning
- Demonstrate understanding of the profession through case studies, internships, or other practical applications
As the culmination of their graduate studies, students apply what they’ve learned to their industry to build experience, demonstrate proficiency, and enhance their resumes. The Capstone is a customized experience for each student. It includes either a research-based project or practicum experience at one of Bushnell’s many partner sites.
- Sports and Society
- Coaching Fundamentals
- Sports Budgeting & Fundraising
- Sports Law
- Data Analytics
- Current Topics in Sports Management
- Business Ethics
- Operations and Service Management
- Research or Practicum Capstone
- Organizational Behavior
- Leadership Strategies
- Marketing Strategy
- Managerial Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Strategy and Managerial Decision Making
- Free application for admission
- Official transcript showing completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university (3.0 cumulative GPA) and transcripts for any subsequent academic work
- A Statement of Purpose (500 words) showing skills in written communication and addressing how the online programs relates to your personal and professional goals
- Submit your resume
Students who do not meet GPA requirements may apply for conditional admission to the program. Bushnell University evaluates applicants holistically, evaluating academic progress as well as work and personal experience in the admissions process. Students may provide a one-page description of the previous academic history results, with an explanation of how they intend to be successful at the graduate level.
Devon Halleman, M.A.
Admissions Counselor, Sports Management Program
Peter Diffenderfer, Ph.D.
- How much does the program cost?
Current tuition and fees are listed here. The Master of Arts in Sports Management program is 36 credits. Students should also factor in the cost of textbooks.
- How long does it take to complete the program?
The Master of Arts in Sports Management program can be completed in 12 months.
- Do I have to have an undergraduate degree in sports management?
No, your undergraduate degree can be in any subject area.
- Can I work while doing this program?
Absolutely! Most of our online students are simultaneously working part or full-time while attending. Courses can be completed 100% online and there are no required log-on times.
Have other questions? Contact us at 541-684-7201.
Tuition & Fees / Financial Aid
Military & Veteran Benefits
Meet the Faculty
Peter Diffenderfer, Ph.D. Program Faculty
“Bushnell’s affordable and efficient 12-month Master of Arts in Sports Management Program is ideally suited for individuals who seek to be equipped with knowledge and skills to either begin or enhance their career in an expanding field that they are passionate about.
Whether it’s coaching, managerial, or administrative opportunities – at the youth, high school, collegiate, or professional level – the program will offer cutting-edge information and experiences to expand students’ abilities and opportunities.”