The online Interdisciplinary Studies program allows students to create plans of study that fit their interests and experience. Unlike traditional majors that focus on one field of study, students in this program select three areas of interest to pursue and diversify their academic experience. This allows students to integrate multiple interests into their degree and utilize credits from previous institutions in a unique and self-designed major.
Credits 39-45* | Cost/Credit $495 | Completion 18-36 Months (4-9 Semesters) | Format Online | Starts Per Year Six
*Additional credits may be needed to meet general education and/or prerequisite requirements
Why Choose Bushnell?
The Interdisciplinary Studies major allows students to explore different disciplines, with degrees being offered as either a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science as determined by the majority of the three selected concentrations. This program is ideal for students with wide-ranging interests in several academic areas.
An academic advisor will help you tailor the IDS major to suit your individual interests and needs. Students engage in a senior internship or capstone project incorporating their chosen fields.
Bushnell Univeristy’s Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies features an innovative curriculum for adults to integrate their varied interests and/or upper-division credits from previous institutions into a self-designed major.
Click here for an overview.
This program can be completed entirely online or can be combined with limited face-to-face courses one night a week in our small classroom setting.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate holistic and creative thinking from a Christian worldview
- Acquire a basic knowledge and understanding of each academic area that comprises the major
- Read and think critically, write and speak clearly and persuasively, and conduct research effectively
- Build the foundation to prepare for desired vocations or selected graduate programs
- Pursue the goal of transformative leadership in their lives
Available Areas of Study
Bible & Theology
Already have credits? Click here for information on transferring credits.
Careers with a bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies include:
- Family and Community Services
- Management & Administration
- Small Business Owner
- Market Research and Merchandizing
- Broadcasting and Communication Arts
- Admissions Counselor
- Public Relations
- Human Resources
- Financial Advisor
- Administrative Systems and Support
Prior Learning Assessment
Earn your degree faster with the help of the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) program. Click here for more information.
Life After Graduation
Some of our graduates have been hired by the following organizations:
- Kizer and Son, Inc
- Eugene Christian School
- Admissions in Christian Higher Education
- Dicks Sporting Goods
- Grayhawk Golf Club
- Freelance Photography
- Beverage Company Graphic Designer
- International Teacher