The mission of the Office of Academic Advising is to provide intentional mentorship, collaboration, and advocacy to students and empower them to clarify direction, develop an individualized path, and fulfill their personal and academic potential.
The Office of Academic Advising provides individualized academic advising services for all students at Bushnell University. Whether a graduate or undergraduate, each student is assigned an academic advisor who serves as the student’s primary contact for any questions pertaining to academic life at Bushnell University. As advisors, we seek to build relationships with our students so we can meet them where they are at. Our goal is to provide support and mentorship in a proactive, collaborative way. We encourage students to check in with their academic advisor regularly, connect with faculty and other resources on campus, and take ownership of their academic progress.
Here are some of the ways students can maximize their partnership with their academic advisor.
Advisors Commit To:
- Provide a safe and respectful space to ask questions, discuss interests, and express concerns.
- Understand and effectively communicate degree and program requirements and institutional policies and procedures.
- Empower students to make informed decisions regarding courses, majors, minors, and other curricular opportunities.
- Refer students to relevant resources both on and off campus.
Advisors Expect Students To:
- Check campus email account regularly, the official form of communication at Bushnell University.
- Embrace and take ownership of goals, decisions, and actions.
- Maintain open and respectful communication.
- Prepare for appointments with questions, discussion topics, or courses for registration.
- Become familiar with University programs, policies, and procedures.