Major & Minor
Studying Accounting at Bushnell University, you will be equipped with the tools you need to assess financial operations, analyze records, and ensure that organizations run smoothly and efficiently. Whether you’re interested in public accounting, corporate accounting, or wealth management, you’ll be trained to excel in the accounting profession.
You will learn the technical skills of accounting that is vital to passing the Certified Public Accountant exam, while expanding on the resources God has given you.
Why Choose Bushnell?
The Accounting major will equip students for various careers in both the private and public sectors. The program focuses on financial and operational objectives for non-profit, business, government, and for-profit organizations.
Accelerated Dual Pathway (4+1)
Students are able to obtain two degrees (B.S. and MBA) online or in person in five years by enrolling in our Accelerated Dual Pathway.
Click HERE for more information.
Graduates of this program will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental concepts and principles of Accounting
- Verify, organize, analyze and apply data and use quantitative decision-support tools to provide effective solutions to accounting problems
- Identify ethical issues and apply ethical principles and Christian values for organizational decision making
- Demonstrate effective professional communication skills
ACTG 345 Cost Accounting
This course provides a study of the basic cost accounting concepts and procedures, with emphasis on the development, interpretation, and application of managerial accounting information for planning, control, and decision making.
ACTG 470 Accounting for Non-Profit Organizations
This course will focus on the external financial statements for government and other non-profit organizations and will include a discussion of fund accounting and non-profit reporting requirements.
Beacon Points of Pride
- 100% of traditions undergraduates students graduate with at least 135 hours of field experience
- 190 company and school internship and field experience partners
- The National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) reported a 100-percent pass rate for Bushnell students on the national exams (NCE & NCMHE) over the last year. Bushnell students score on average higher than the national averages on 12 of the 14 exam areas
- According to EDsmart.org, a nationally recognized publisher of college resources and rankings, Bushnell University is ranked 2nd in the state of Oregon among fully accredited universities and colleges
Careers with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting include:
- Finanical Planner
- Financial Advisor
- Business Analyst
- Investment Advisor
- Financial Modeler
Life After Graduation
Some of our graduates have been hired by the following organizations:
- Moss Adams
- Houch Evarts Company, LLC
- Isler Northwest, LLC
- Jones & Roth CPAs and Business Advisors
- Zirkle, Long & Associates
- Guild Log and Timber
- Private Tax Firms
- Willamette Water Company
Life at Bushnell
-Christopher Rosebrook, Class of 2024
-Madison Clark, Class of 2023
I have enjoyed the business department's involvement in helping me further develop myself for my career. Bushnell provides me with an individualized experience that I wouldn’t have at other, larger universities."
-Alex Petshow, Class of 2024
Meet the Faculty
Shelly Hartzell, M.S.M., CPA, CMA Program Director
“Accounting makes a difference. Accountants are called “Gatekeepers”, as they protect the resources of the company, as well as protect investors and employees who believe in the worth of the company, with their knowledge and their integrity to do things right.
A degree in accounting opens so many career paths; public accounting where you work with clients, private accounting where you work in business and industry, non-profits, government, education, or self-employed.”