Major & Minor
Studying Accounting at Bushnell University, you will be equipped with the tools you need to assess financial operations, analyze records, and ensure that organizations run smoothly and efficiently. Whether you’re interested in public accounting, corporate accounting, or wealth management, you’ll be trained to excel in the accounting profession.
You will learn the technical skills of accounting that is vital to passing the Certified Public Accountant exam, while expanding on the resources God has given you.
Why Choose Bushnell?
The Accounting major will provide students with a variety of careers in both the private and public sectors. Courses will provide students not only the technical aspects of accounting, but how a biblical perspective shapes the way you view your career and the decisions you make.
Accelerated Duel Pathway
Students are able to obtain two degrees (B.A. and MBA) in five years by enrolling in our Accelerated Duel Pathway.
Click HERE for more information.
Graduates of this program will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental concepts and principles of Accounting
- Verify, organize, analyze and apply data and use quantitative decision-support tools to provide effective solutions to accounting problems
- Identify ethical issues and apply ethical principles and Christian values for organizational decision making
- Demonstrate effective professional communication skills
ACTG 345 Cost Accounting
This course provides a study of the basic cost accounting concepts and procedures, with emphasis on the development, interpretation, and application of managerial accounting information for planning, control, and decision making.
ACTG 470 Accounting for Non-Profit Organizations
This course will focus on the external financial statements for government and other non-profit organizations and will include a discussion of fund accounting and non-profit reporting requirements.
Beacon Points of Pride
- 99-percent of traditional undergraduates receive some form of financial aid
- $19,600 average total of scholarships from Bushnell for first time students
- 190 company and school internship and field experience partners
- The National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) reported a 100-percent pass rate for Bushnell students on the national exams (NCE & NCMHE) over the last year. Bushnell students score on average higher than the national averages on 12 of the 14 exam areas
- According to EDsmart.org, a nationaly recognized publisher of college resources and rankings, Bushnell University is ranked 2nd in the state of Oregon among fully accredited universities and colleges
Potential careers with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting include:
- Finanical Planner
- Financial Advisor
- Business Analyst
- Investment Advisor
- Financial Modeler
Life After Graduation
Some of our graduates have been hired by the following organizations:
- Moss Adams
- Houch Evarts Company, LLC
- Isler Northwest, LLC
- Jones & Roth CPAs and Business Advisors
- Zirkle, Long & Associates
- Guild Log and Timber
- Private Tax Firms
- Willamette Water Company